Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Designing Business Models Workshop
Thursday, April 29, 2010 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
WHAT IS IT?
For the first time ever, the Author, Designer, and Producer of Business Model Generation converge to give a practical workshop and share an exclusive new product with attendees
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
A clear understanding of how to describe, analyze, design, and challenge your business model
Practical tools to apply business model innovation in your organization
Numerous examples and insights into powerful new business models
A Deluxe edition of Business Model Generation (signed by Author & Designer).
Business Model Design Toolbox (Limited edition prototype, 1 of 50, not available to the public)
WHO SHOULD COME?
Visionaries, game changers, challengers and anybody else interested in tools that will help you better understand and design compelling business models
9:00 The Pillars of Business Model Thinking (Alexander Osterwalder)
- Context: how business model thinking leads to a competitive advantage
- The Business Model Canvas: systematic business model innovation
- Positioning: business models and competitive environment
- Business Models of the 21st century: a multitude of examples
10:30 Business Model Design
- Business Model Patterns: the dynamics of different types of business models
- Customer centricity and business models
- Generating new business model ideas
1:00 Integrating Vision, Mission, and Business Model (Patrick van der Pijl)
- How to connect your vision and environment to your business model
- 10 reasons why business models fail
- Client case studies
2:30 Applying Design Thinking to Business Model Innovation (Alan Smith)
- Examples from different design disiplines of 'tools'
- Lessons learned for business thinking tools from design thinking tools
- Introduction to your new business model design toolbox
- Mapping a business model environment exercise and example
- how to develop your toolbox further with community tools+tips
3:30 Pulling it all together: The Process of Business Model Innovation (Alexander Osterwalder)
All Day: Break-Out Sessions
Find out more on the workshop website
When & Where
Business Model Generation & LSE.
This event is hosted by the Business Model Generation team and The London School of Economics.